Boudoir Session Prep Guide
To get the most out of your session, a little prep can go a long way.
THE WEEK BEFORE YOUR SESSION
AVOID the following:
• Hard partying or staying out late.
• Excessive alcohol.
• Eating unhealthy/junk food and refined sugar.
• Getting sunburned.
2~3 DAYS BEFORE YOUR SESSION
• Drink more water than usual to hydrate your skin. Set regularly timed alerts on your phone to help remind you.
• Get plenty of sleep to minimize dark circles under the eyes.
• Wax/shave body hair to avoid redness/razor burn on shoot day.
DAY BEFORE YOUR SESSION
• Make sure your fingernails and toenails are clean and manicured/pedicured (white nail polish looks great in photos; muted earth tone colors, natural polish, or French manicure also look good. Use press-on nails if needed.
• DO NOT use vibrant colors (unless specifically planned).
• DO NOT have mismatched nail and toe color.
• Make sure your outfits are wrinkle-free and placed on hangers.
• Place your shoes and accessories (earrings, necklaces, purse/clutch, etc.) in an overnight bag.
• Put everything in your car or by the door the night before the shoot.
DAY OF YOUR SESSION
• Shower the morning of and arrive at your hair and makeup appointment with your hair clean, dry, and free of any hair products.
• Account for traffic during your trip. Arrive on time.
• While driving to the shoot location, wear a pair of soft, loose sweatpants and loose shirt to avoid skin marks on your legs from tight-fitting clothes and your car’s seat.
• If you plan to wear form-fitting clothes (bodycon, miniskirt, etc.), wear seamless underwear or thong underwear.
• If shooting outdoors, bring comfortable walking shoes/sneakers to walk around in.